Phone vs. Camera

For the past couple of weeks, my school has been participating in online school because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Online school for other classes isn't that hard but how can someone do photography class without cameras. Well thanks to technology, we carry around little cameras in our pockets all day, our phones. This week's assignment was to take two portraits of random objects around our house and pay attention to specific elements of design in our photos. The following photos are taken from my phone and edited using the app Snapseed. Hope you like them!


While looking for objects around my house, I found this old clock that I knew I had to photograph. The photo uses lines, color, rule of thirds, symmetry, shadow, and space. While editing it, I put a vignette on it and reduced the white in the background. I also brought up the highlights to focus the light around the clock and bring out the reflection of the hands. 


My guitar is my favorite thing in my house so I definitely wanted to take a photo of it. The photo uses leading lines, color, rule of thirds, shape, and a different perspective. While editing, I turned up the contrast and brought the brightness down. I also cropped it from the side before adding a vignette. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers in Motion

Weston: Food

Portraits