Selfie vs. Self-Portrait

This week we learned about the difference between a selfie and a self-portrait. Although I was used to seeing both styles, I had never really seen any self-portraits done in photography and I enjoyed researching them. The self-portrait was probably the hardest part of this project because I found it hard to get a creative picture while having to prop my phone up against something. In the end, I had fun with this assignment and it was a great reason for me to go around my house during this *not so active* time.

My Inspiration Photo: https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/v1492203893


My Selfie/Self-Portrait Grid:


Self-Portrait:

For my self-portrait, I wanted to replicate the idea of only using the top portion of my face, especially my eyes. Although it took me quite some time to find the perfect spot to put my face through, I found a flower pot filled with water that gave me the reflection I wanted. The long sticks in the photo are actually flower stems which I tried to use as a frame around my face. I also made my photo black and white because I feel that it gave me a more creepy and mysterious feeling than the color version did.

Selfies:

For my selfies, I tried to get two different styles of pictures. In the first row, I have pictures that are only of me and seem like normal selfies. However, in the second row, I tried to get photos that had some comedic effect or related to life at home right now. That includes me walking with my mask on and using a toilet paper filter on Snapchat. I also included a picture with my sister because she is the person I am spending time with the most during quarantine. I also tried to include some parallels between the photos, such as the same pose in the third column and the same style filter in the second column.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancers in Motion

Weston: Food

Portraits